Discussion List Guidelines
The aim of the Practice Reflexions discussion list is to encourage the exchange of information and debate related to a broad range of social and community welfare practice and research in all its forms.
Please post thoughtfully. A considered post or response will generate considered replies, and valuable discussion could follow.
Please keep discussions on a topic related level, not on a personal level.
Please do not post:
- virus warnings. Many virus warnings are hoaxes.
- commercial advertisements of any description
- one liners like "me too"
- messages that are off topic
- very long messages, as they can clog up the system.
- file attachments as they can spread viruses. It is safer practice to post information about the availability of a document or program and where participants can obtain a copy if they wish.
When posting messages:
- use a brief, clear subject phrase which allows quick identification of the purpose of your message
- Use the Reply button on your email when responding to someone else's posting so that it has the same title in the subject line.
- Include the relevant text from the original message but prune this down to the minimum required to still make sense of your response.
- Include your name and email address in your postings so that you can be seen to be taking responsibility for the content of the message and so that others can respond to you privately if necessary.
- Try to ensure that messages are in plain text, not HTML. Some email readers cannot handle HTML messages.
- If you include information from another source, please acknowledge that source and ensure you are not breaching copyright.
- The Practice Reflexions discussion list is G-rated. Please do not write anything personally or professionally insulting or defamatory to other subscribers
- Before you send any message consider this informal email rule: Never put anything in an email that you wouldn't say to your boss.
- Remember that once your email is sent to the list, it becomes a public document.
- Messages to this list go to all members - you always have a choice to respond to the list or to a member privately.
Please note that any opinion expressed or information conveyed is solely that of the poster of the messages you will receive
If you enjoy participating in this list, please recommend it to your colleagues.
If you have any problems with the content or management of the list, contact the list administrator at email@example.com